Friday, December 19, 2008

Update: 54.5 hours Total Time

So here's one more quick update. After yesterday morning's jaunt out to the Southeast and Southwest practice areas to practice all of my maneuvers, which included steep turns, S-turns, turns around a point, clean and dirty stalls, clean and dirty slow flight, slow flight maneuvering, a practice diversion, and even intercepting and tracking VORs. Then I just flew back to Norwood and practiced my short-field take offs and landings, as well as my soft-field take offs and landings - all simulated of course - and even managed throw in a forward slip in there. My landings are nearly perfect! After 2.1 hours of flying I am now up to 54.5 hours of total flight time!

I am scheduled to go up tomorrow at 1 with the Chief Flight Instructor for my End of Course Check Flight. But, with all this crazy snow that's coming down outside, we'll have to see if I can even get out of the driveway by then! We're expecting somewhere between 6 and 12 inches of this fluffy white stuff called snow. Ugh. After that check flight, the only one that is left is for me to go up with the FAA examiner for my private pilot certificate check ride. So close!

No comments: