Thursday, April 16, 2009

Make the best out of it

I was originally scheduled to go up for my end of course Intrument Check Ride today....however there was a scheduling conflict and it needed to be rescheduled. Due to my plans that I already have for the weekend I had to push it back until next week. Sigh....it will get done eventually. BUT, I did not let the day go to waste! It was a gorgeous day out today! I planned a flight out to Chatham, MA on the Cape as one of my Commercial Cross Country flights. It was a great day to fly! I flew over a small patch of scattered clouds that extended to the coast, but ended as soon as I reached the Cape Cod Bay, as you will see in the pictures. It was an uneventful, but very fun flight. At altitude, 5,500 feet on the way out, and 6,500 feet on the way back it was incredibly smooth. Although, it was pretty gusty down on the cape and made the landing a little interesting, but fun nonetheless to go into an airport that I haven't been into before. Tomorrow I get to fly another Commercial Cross Country flight up to Bangor, ME, but this time I am starting my transition into the new Cessna 172SP w/ G1000! I can't wait! I will definitely have pictures and stories to share after tomorrow's flight. Before it gets too late, I've got to get to the planning. I like to do a manual flight plan every now and again to keep my planning and mind sharp. Until tomorrow.....




No comments: