Saturday, November 22, 2008

Windy windy windy

Boy was it ever windy out there today! Even though it was really gusty, Josh decided that since I was far enough along that he at least wanted to get me up there to experience those kind of conditions before I actually get my private pilot license. We went up for an hour and a half today and worked on my maneuvers - slow flight clean and dirty, power-on and power-off stalls, unusual attitudes, simulated instrument flight, turns around a point, s-turns, steep turns, and pattern work around an untowered airport with full stop landings and take offs in Mansfield. We then flew back to Norwood for a couple more and called it a day. We finally covered our last section of ground work. I am up for my stage 3 exam next weekend, with a couple more solo cross country flights - one of them being the long one. The following week a couple more review flights with my instructor, the FAA written test, and check flight with the Chief Flight Instructor, and then the week after I should be up for my oral exam and check flight with an FAA examiner to go for my license......3 short weeks away.

No comments: