Friday, November 28, 2008

Passing Cells

Today was an interesting day to say the least. We were planning to go up for my first flight and finish up lesson 23 by flying down into Providence TF Green, fly back and do a few short and soft take-offs and landings. Everything was going as planned except for one thing.....there was a nice little storm cell passing through the area right during my lesson. By looking at the weather reports, the clouds were shown to be at 4000 feet. Well, when we got up there, we were only able to go up to 1400 feet!!!!! The clouds were right above us! Then the rain came....we got about 1/2 way down to Providence when the conditions worsened. It was really getting into marginal VFR conditions...it was making me uncomfortable, really. So, we turned back around and headed back to Norwood, where we practiced my short and soft field take-offs and landings and called it a day. It wasn't looking any better to the West, so my cross-country flight is postponed until tomorrow. Tomorrow I am flying to Northampton, MA - 64 nautical miles.

To current, I have 43.7 hours total flight time which includes 113 take-offs and landings. Needless to say....my landings are coming along very nicely! Haha

Hopefully I'll be able to snap a few pics on my flight tomorrow to put up...

No comments: