Friday, March 27, 2009

Finishing up IFR and Studying

I finished up my last couple flights with my instructor this week. We just did a couple review flights where we went out and shot a couple approaches each flight. Thursday I flew a VOR approach into Danielson, the ILS approach into Providence, and the Localizer approach back into Norwood. Today I went up with Josh into some actual instrument conditions down to Providence shooting the ILS approach there to a landing, stopped in at Horizon Aviation there and refiled a flight plan back up to Norwood. We flew back up to Norwood and shot to Localizer approach there.

Now I have been studying my butt off all week and night tonight especially since tomorrow morning I am taking both my Instrument Written and Instrument Instructor Written test. That will take up most of my day tomorrow. Then next weekend I am up for my Stage 3 Check Ride and my End of Course Check Ride. Then I go up for my FAA oral exam and Check Ride hopefully the week after that. From what I hear, I will be going up with Ray Collins again, who was the examiner for my Private Pilot Check Ride. I am so close it is getting really exciting!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Ray gave me my PPL checkride, and made it a terrific experience. He's very gracious and fair. I can't wait to hear all about how he makes the instrument checkride. Good luck!