Thursday, May 21, 2009

End of Course: Instrument

I FINALLY went up for my instrument end of course flight check today - after having it pushed off for nearly 2 months! Fortunate to say, I passed this time. I performed the procedure turn as required and flew the approach, this time into Minuteman Field in Stow, MA. Then I performed the missed approach procedure and held over EGORE which is 20 miles from the MHT VOR off the 210 radial. I made two laps there and then headed back toward Norwood, got on with Boston approach for radar vectors to the Localizer 35 approach, circled and landed. It was definitely difficult as the heat started really getting to me at the end, and it was pretty bumpy out there today too. I guess the important part to realize is that it was satisfactory enough in terms of performance to get by. Now it's time to start scheduling in that FAA Instrument Check Flight, hopefully next week if all goes well!

I'm still working on my Commercial requirements too.....tomorrow morning I am doing another cross-country flight with my instructor Josh, to Ticonderoga New York. Should be a little more than 3 hours round trip. Then I'm off to the Red Sox game tomorrow night for a little R&R - I guess a little more of a mental break and adventure. A good reward for a busy week and successful completion of my Instrument Course!

No comments: