Friday, June 12, 2009

Stage 1 Commercial Winding Down, Vacation Time!

Today I conducted yet another Commercial Cross Country flight with my instructor Josh. This time we flew out to Hartford/Brainard Airport in CT. We were going to go to Groton, but the surface observations were 100 feet overcast......no way in heck were we getting in there! But, we did get some nice actual time today. Of a 2.5 hour flight nearly 2 hours of it was actually in the clouds. Just the take offs and landings on both ends were in the clear. I only have 3 commercial cross country flights left in stage 1. I have one more to do with my instructor Josh at night. I have one more night cross country to do myself, and then my really long commercial cross country flight. I attempted to see if I could plan a flight up to Canada, but was told they don't want their aircraft leaving the country. Darn. That would have been a great flight to plan with customs and everything on both ends involved. I'll be there soon enough though I'm sure!

Next week I am on vacation all week with Caroline. We are heading out to California, LA/Hollywood/Santa Monica for a week and are staying a few days with her aunt and uncle while we are out there. I'm definitely planning on soaking up as much sun as I can while I'm there. So, in other words, it will be really quiet from me for the next 2 weeks until I take flight again being back from vacation........until then. Be well.

No comments: