Sunday, November 30, 2008

Norwood to Northampton and everything in between

Saturday was a great day!!! I had such a great time flying, especially seeing it's coming so close to the end of my private license training. I basically have a couple cross country flights to do since I'm a little short on cross country time, one more flight with my instructor, the end of stage 3 stage check with the check flight instructor, and my end of course check with the Chief Flight Instructor at Horizon Aviation. Then I have to take my written and I get to go up with an FAA examiner for my private license practical test. All of this I am hoping to accomplish in the next 2 weeks, as long as the weather cooperates!

So at any rate, back to Saturdays adventures. First thing in, I flew my next solo cross-country flight from Norwood to Northampton, MA, which in case you didn't know is just Southwest of UMASS Amherst, and a little North of Springfield. It's a tiny little airport nestled between Rte 91 and the Connecticut River and a couple hills. Along the way I took some great pictures of the scenery above Framingham and around Worcester/Shrewsbury, and the Quabbin Reservoir too. I'll post the link to the pictures I took that are on my facebook page a little later on. I flew back to Norwood without any problems, and even on my way back over Shrewsbury I was able to snap a shot of the CRL building where I work from 3500 feet!


http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=63769&l=e59de&id=513641713

Once I got back to Norwood, I took a short break and then went right back up with my isntructor to the practice area to practice all my maneuvers again: slow flight, steep turns, stalls, instrument hood work, unusual attitudes, and even a diversion to Taunton Airport. All was well, except for my steep turns which need a little fine tuning. The end is coming up very quickly!

No comments: