Sunday, July 12, 2009

Night XC

On friday night, I completed my last night xc on my own for Stage 1 of my Commercial License, I still have the night xc with my instructor and my long xc to go. I flew out to White Plains, NY (HPN). It was a real nice and uneventful flight. The air was glassy smooth, not a bump at all. It took me just about an hour and a half to fly down to Westchester Airport where I stopped off for about and hour and took the crew car from Million Air - a BMW 535 - to a local restaurant, the cobblestone pub for that "$100 burger" for dinner, back to the airport, and flew back to Norwood, getting in just before midnight. All in all it was a really great flight, which put me back home in bed at 130AM.

Over the weekend I decided to re-evaluate my current financial situation as I am a little more than half way through. It's a good thing that I did, as I found myself to be in a little bit of a snag and will probably have to slow down my training for a little bit and push some things off to make it work right. So, now although my course is still to eventually complete everything, it looks like it will be taking quite a bit longer than was initially expected. But, I am not giving up. I'll be updating my report as soon as I figure out a few last details which will be my deciding factor. Until then.......

No comments: